What is a Privacy Notice?
Under data protection law you, as a client of Pontardawe Chiropractic , have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
Who we are?
We are Pontardawe Chiropractic , 2 Penygraig Road, Alltwen, Pontardawe, SA83BS. Telephone number 01792 830561 Email email@example.com . For the purposes of processing your personal data we are the Data Controller.
What is personal data ?
Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable person. Examples include an individual’s name, address, date of birth, telephone number(s), email address . Personal data also includes special categories of data, such as that relating to an individua l’s health
W hat personal data do we record and process?
We record , process and retain categories of personal data that may include
• Name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, email address
• Health and social data
• Information from other healthca re professionals
• Details of your treatment and care
• Results of investigations such as laboratory test, imaging (X - ray, MRI)
• Details of contact between yourself and the clinic and financial transactions with the cli n ic
In order to do this we ask for your consent.
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data
• to provide you with the most appropriate and timely health care
• to monitor and keep records of our communications with you and our staff
• to help us manage and audit our business operations including accounting
• to comply with legal and regulatory obligations
We do not use any automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data
Sharing your personal data
We only share your personal data to third parties with your explicit consent, where, for example , we need to contact another healthcare professional to ensure that you are provided with the best possible care. Where this occurs, we ensure that they are compliant with data protection law. In exceptional circumstances, the law may require us to share your personal data with outside agencies without your consent, such as to prevent criminal activity.
Retaining your personal data
Data may be recorded both electronically and/or on paper. We ensure that policies are in place to keep your data confidential and secure. Your personal data will only be retained for 8 years after your last treatment for adults and up to the age of 25 years if your last treatment was as a child (under 17 years old ) to comply with regulatory requirements.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
You have legal rights governing the use of your personal data. They are
• The right to be informed about the personal data being processed
• The right to access to your personal data
• The right to rectification (correction of inaccuracies) of your personal data
• The right to erasure of your personal data
• The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
• The right to data portability (to move, copy or transfer) yo ur personal data
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us by post, telephone or email. We will comply with your request without undue delay once we have verif ied your identit y .
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection law via their website www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in law or privacy practices. We encourage you to check the privacy notice posted on our website for any changes.